I don't know if this is what you want, but look at the intent-filter
stuff here:

http://developer.android.com/intl/de/guide/topics/intents/intents-filters.html

I have an intent-filter defined that will cause the browser to
recognize a Uri of the form "bloa-app://twitt" and send requests to
that Uri to my app. I did this by adding this to the Activity's
description in AndroidManifest.xml:

                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />
                                <data android:scheme="bloa-app"
android:host="twitt" />
                        </intent-filter>

Good luck finding your answer.