Thanks for the clarification Dianne.

I'm guessing the confusion comes from people who (like me) are
familiar with the traditional Linux process model of when a process
has finished it dies and aren't expecting a garbage collecting process
management system :).

I'd read the process/threads section you've mentioned and in my mind
it read as a warning of what could happen if resources become tight as
opposed to it being the expected normal operation for all processes.
Might it be worth adding a line that explicitly states that it is
normal for processes to be left running when there they are not active
and will only be killed off if resources become constrained enough for
it to be necessary?

Thanks again,

Al.