I actually did do that, I found that I do need to specify a background
color for the ondraw to be called, now that I am specifying the
background color my onDraw method is being called that draws the
outline around my linear layout, then I have onclick overridden to add
a textview to the linear layout with the background and everything
set, I get a log message so I know it is definately calling my onClick
method but the textViews just are not showing up.  Here is my revised
code http://pastebin.com/f1fb834ce  right now I have my own textView
class in there that I plan to override onLongClick for but I have
tried this with a regular textView as well just to be sure, and it
still doesn't work.