>> How about a ballpark guess?  Months?  Years?

Hey, me too!  Trying to find a good book on OpenGL ES 1.x is tough.  Finding
one with OpenGL ES 1.x + Java is near impossible.  There seems to be an
abundance of OpenGL ES 2.0 books available and the documentation + examples
is much easier to find online.  Any general time frame (don't worry, I won't
hold you to it.  I understand development time lines) would be very
helpful.  While I, along with others in the developers group, would prefer
the time frame to be in the months range, if it is in the years range, then
I'm sure others would benefit in knowing this so that we can rearrange our
development plans accordingly.

Thanks for any input from anyone in the "know"!

Justin