There were some times this past week when almost  all messages were
dropped even for long time members of the group - mst of the message
gettinr through were from google employees.  You could see the number
of messages drop from a dozen an hour to a 1 an hour (or roughly that
ratio).  I tried posting a question on the help forum.  No response of
any kind.  Eventually after a few hours it started working again.
This happened at least on two different days in the last week.  It's
not that big a deal - but it does kind of make you wonder about
quality control or system reliability or user support or all of the
above for google groups...