Hi saru,
I posted the same question last Friday. I found the solution which
consists on dispatching the event using the event dispatcher of the
activity. If you would like to read some advanced technical details
about event processing you can read this excellent post:
http://letsgoustc.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!89AD27DFB5E249BA!488.entry

                 public void onClick(View v) {

                                new Thread(new Runnable() {

                                        @Override
                                        public void run() {
                                                KeyEvent backEvtDown = new
KeyEvent(KeyEvent.ACTION_DOWN,
KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK);
                                                KeyEvent backEvtUp = new
KeyEvent(KeyEvent.ACTION_UP,
KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK);

mActivity.dispatchKeyEvent(backEvtDown);

mActivity.dispatchKeyEvent(backEvtUp);

                                        }
                                }).start();
                        }