laphroaig15 wrote:
> Is there some way to interact with the android packages to
> retrieve a context in a static manner?

Not really. The Application object is a singleton, as is any Service you
have running, but I am not aware of ways to obtain those from a static
method.

Moreover, please do not try binding to a service from an exception
handler. Broadcasting an Intent may be safe, but I'm not completely
confident of that, either.

Even simpler is just to use Flurry or DroidDrop or whatever to report
your exceptions.

Trying to have an Android component respond to an exception may prove
troublesome, particularly if the exception is thrown from the Android
component in question.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Development Wiki: http://wiki.andmob.org