Just curious since you and others have asked similar questions in the
past.  I just wrote a simple App with ActivityA and ActivityB where A
is singleTask launchMode.  If I go A->b->Home->relaunch I get gack to
B.  So I cannot replicate the scenario you describe.  The code and all
files for the app are just a couple of dozen lines so I can post if
here if that would be helpful to figure out what you are doing
differently than my test.