@abowman
Thanks for the tip, I did read that before but it always helps to be
reminded of those small pitfalls!

@Bob
Yes, this is my app and I'm using HTC G1. Android 1.6.  I was using
DDMS to investigate and that's how I determined that the activity was
slowly releasing memory.  I did find leaks and using that method I was
able to tune my activity.  But still the case is fast rotations memory
is not cleared fast enough.

I started using the memory analyzer from eclipse but I find it hard to
understand/analize the data :(
Yes, it shows me a chart with "possible leaks" but nothing looks
familiar maybe it's lower level Android API calls all I see?

Well any further tips could help :) Still thinking somehow slow down
the activity when memory not cleared fast enough...

-Moto!