You need to use:

yourbitmap.compress(Bitmap.CompressFormat.PNG, 100, out); //PNG better
supported, you will see a loss of quality if you use JPEG

where "out" is your FileOutputStream with the file's destination

you can get it back with BitmapFactory.decodeStream(in, null, null);

where "in" is your InputStream...

for more info:
http://developer.android.com/intl/zh-TW/reference/android/graphics/Bitmap.html#compress%28android.graphics.Bitmap.CompressFormat,%20int,%20java.io.OutputStream%29

Hope it helps!