Thanks for all the advice guys.  I have a question about this started over
at the Market help forum, err, I mean black hole.  Not sure if I am going to
contact the developer or just let his app flounder.  If you do a search for
my app, it is obvious which one is the "correct" one.  I'm a bit leery to
contact the developer with anything threatening.  He seems to be gaming the
system already and those types tend to be the ones to retaliate once someone
confronts them who is not in an official position.  I still think thought
that Google should have some checks in place to make sure that not only the
package names are different, but the names of apps (at least in the market
search results) are different as well.

Thanks!