In my job, I have to use a unique device ID that is not the IMEI or any
other info provided by the TelephonyManager (for some privacy reasons) so I
would like to rely on ANDROID_ID.
But people I work for don't trust the ANDROID_ID because they don't know
exactly what it is and we don't have the guarantee that it's globally unique
(since this is set only by device manufacturers' will).
Anyone have any idea on how these IDs are built ? I need more info to
convince them to use that damn id...