LinearLayout pa=(LinearLayout)la.getParent();
            if(pa!=null){
                Log.i(TAG,"removed view la parent====>");
                pa.removeView(la);
                mNetworkLayout.removeView(la);
            }

this one works for me.

but u should know ur parent first

lets say ur child parent is linearLayout then cast the parent to
linearlayout of your child

LinearLayout ll=(LinearLayout)child.getParent();

if (ll ! =null){
ll.remove(child)
}

I am not sure if it works for you let me know