I was trying to install android SDK and the ADT plugin in eclipse 3.5
(galileo), from behind a proxy on a windows XP, 1GB RAM machine.

It kept giving me the failed to fetch url error repeatedly. I went
through many discussions and forums.
- forcing https to http didnt work.
- manually creating androidtool.cfg file in the android directory, as
mentioned in the discussions didnt help either.
- adding a new http site manually didnt help.

Finally, I tried installing with Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede), and it worked
fine. I first installed the ADT plugin and then triggered the Android
SDK and AVD Manager from eclipse itself (From the 'Windows' section).

I would like to know what was going wrong with eclipse galileo though.

Cheers,