Hey guys,

Looking for some WallpaperService EGL code that is stable when
flipping orientations multiple times on a Droid.   I've been debugging
for a full day now and everything looks correct to me, yet my code is
getting stuck sometimes in eglCreateWindowSurface.  It usually works a
few times and then the call goes into a black hole and all I see is:
W/SharedBufferStack( 1030): waitForCondition(ReallocateCondition)
timed out (identity=413, status=0). CPU may be pegged. trying again.

Here's the order of EGL stuff called:

On Init:
mEgl = (EGL10) EGLContext.getEGL();
mEglDisplay = mEgl.eglGetDisplay(EGL10.EGL_DEFAULT_DISPLAY);
int[] version = new int[2];
mEgl.eglInitialize(mEglDisplay, version);
// some config chooser stuff - too many lines to list but it's pretty
standard choose config
mEglContext = egl.eglCreateContext(mEglDisplay, config,
EGL10.EGL_NO_CONTEXT, null);
mEglSurface = egl.eglCreateWindowSurface(mEglDisplay, config, holder,
null);
mEgl.eglMakeCurrent(mEglDisplay, mEglSurface, mEglSurface,
mEglContext)
GL gl = mEglContext.getGL();

On Destroy:
mEgl.eglDestroySurface(mEglDisplay, mEglSurface );
mEgl.eglMakeCurrent(mEglDisplay, EGL10.EGL_NO_SURFACE,
EGL10.EGL_NO_SURFACE, EGL10.EGL_NO_CONTEXT);
mEgl.eglDestroyContext(mEglDisplay, mEglContext);
mEgl.eglTerminate(mEglDisplay);

Assume that for each orientation change, the Destroy calls are made
then immediately following, the init calls are made.  It usually works
a few times but then gets stuck at eglCreateWindowSurface.

Has anyone else had this problem or better - had this work totally
correctly (flipping orientation many, many times) on the official
Droid 2.1 update1 build?