Hi there

I've been working on websites since I was a kid, and I've gotten more
and more interested in mobiles as a browser over the last couple of
years. I've made a website that is viewable on a mobile (android etc)
but I want to take it a step further and integrate a website in to an
app.

I help run an online wiki, and I'd love to have it so that a mobile
optimised version of the wiki appeared at the top, and the menu button
merely put them on the correct categories (wiki pages like items,
characters, areas, cultures etc).

Unfortunately for me, android is the only thing that's really inspired
me to actually start working on this sort of thing, and I have no
previous java experience, just 10 or so years of html/php/mysql/css.

so my question is, is there a great list of tutorials out there that I
can use to get to this goal? I've looked around the web, but all I've
been able to find is out dated tutorials that seem to create more
errors than they actually help me. Nothing specifically out there for
web that I can find either.

I'm sorry if that's confusing as a request, if it helps, engadget.com
have pretty much exactly what I'm looking to build.

Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any help greatly.