Hi guys,

I have an Activity which uses Http based authentication to log a user
into an online site. I'm using an AsyncTask to handle authentication
in the background so I can display a ProgressDialog in the meantime.

If the user login fails they should be given another chance. Of
course, though, you cannot repeat an AsyncTask once it's finished.
What would be the canonical way of doing so? I was going to hold a
weak reference to an instance of the task and re-create it if I need
to. What would be the suggested way?

Regards,
Lee