We are developing an Android video conferencing application. After
examining some already existing live-stream  applications , we came to
the conclusion that all or almost all existing applications have a
delay of 3 to 10 seconds. The application we are developing was tested
receiving a video stream on the Android device and the same video
stream on VLC at the same time.The result of the test is that VLC
shows the same part of the video 2 to 10 seconds earlier than our
Android application on the phone(HTC hero) depending on the rtsp link
used. we havent found what is the main cause of the delay and also
dont know if it is possible to reduce that delay.
 In our case, as it comes to video conferencing, the delay should be
lower than 2 seconds at least. Do you guys have some information about
the cause of the delay or even how to reduce it?