hi Sreehari,
I used the following content URI
as follows
Uri myURI  = Uri.parse("content://com.android.mytable/table1");
The above i used in application one while creating database
The same myURI used in application2 two query the table.
com.android.mytable is the actual package name of the application1 and
also
i have given same thing as authorites tag in provider in manifestfile
of application one