raukodraug wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to implement a "Settings" section in my application, and I want
> that when the user selects whatever, one of the strings from
> string.xml will change its value according to the user selection.
> Is this possible at all? any ideas on how to implement it?

You cannot modify strings.xml at runtime. That file, like all resources,
is part of your digitally-signed application.

You are welcome to create your own sort of wrapper mechanism, where you
look to see if the user has changed the value and use it instead of the
string resource, but there is nothing really in Android itself that
implements that pattern for you.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training in US: 14-18 June 2010: http://bignerdranch.com