If you start an activity as part of a task that is not in the foreground, it
will be placed at the top of the task's stack and not shown to the user
until they return to the task.

If you just want to create an activity in a separate task, but not actually
have it shown to the user...   umm...  what are you trying to accomplish?
 This seems strange, and not something you would normally do with
activities.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM, DulcetTone <dulcett...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to call startActivity(Intent) without the newly started
> activity displacing the current one as the active, foreground
> activity?
>
> If not purely so, are there near approximation to this effect that can
> be done, such as mimicking a back keypress event right after calling
> startActivity()?  If so, which means is preferred?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> tone

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer