I have a weird issue, and I'll describe it in somewhat abstract terms
in the hopes that someone can see something I'm obviously doing wrong.

I have an activity with some data on it (call it Activity A1).  The
user hits a button and I launch another instance of that same
activity, but with different data (call that Activity A2).  Now, I hit
the "back" button (hardware) and instead of showing the data from A1,
it shows the data from A2.  If I force an orientation change, it shows
the data from A1 correctly.

I am not using static data anywhere and I am using the default onPause
and onResume.  It's almost as if Android is reusing the GUI controls
even though it's a different instance of the activity.

thoughts?

tia.