Hello everybody,

I would like to know if somebody knows a library to changing the
playback rate of a track in real time. My idea is to load a track and
change its playback rate to half or double. Firstly, I tried with
MusicPlayer but is was not possible at all and then I tried with
SoundPool. The problem is that with SoundPool I canĀ“t change the rate
once the track is loaded. Here is the code I am using (proof of
concept):

    float j = 1;

    @Override
        super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
        setContentView(R.layout.main);

        Button b = (Button)findViewById(R.id.Button01);
        b.setOnClickListener(new OnClickListener() {

            @Override
            public void onClick(View v) {
                j = (float) (j +.5);

            }
        });

        AssetFileDescriptor afd;
        try {

            SoundPool sp = new SoundPool(1, AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC,
0);

            afd = getAssets().openFd("wav/sample.wav");
            int id = sp.load(afd, 1);
            sp.play(id, 1, 1, 1, 0, j);

        } catch (IOException e) {
            // TODO Auto-generated catch block
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

When I press the button, the playback rate should increase but it does
not happen. Any idea of how change the rate in real time?

Thanks in advance.