Hi all--

I'm receiving "SocketTimeoutException: Read Timed Out" errors in my client
app when attempting to post image data to a central server over HTTPS.
What's odd is that I cannot reproduce the error when posting data from my
local machine (via the emulator) to the same server.  Increasing the
SO_TIMEOUT value seems to only prolong the amount of time it takes for the
timeout exception to occur.  I am very new to using the Apache HTTP API -
what am I missing?

HttpClient httpClient = new DefaultHttpClient();
HttpConnectionParams.setSoTimeout(httpClient.getParams(), 15000);
HttpConnectionParams.setConnectionTimeout(httpClient.getParams(), 15000);
HttpPost post = new HttpPost("https://....";);

HttpResponse response = httpClient.execute(post);  // Exception occurs here

httpClient.getConnectionManager().shutdown();  // Closes the connection
successfully?

TIA
Paul