Jonas Petersson wrote:
jw wrote:
I'm developing an application for Swedish users, when the user is able
to input some string, sometimes containing "拍皱漩". But when I
run .getText().toString() on my EditText object,I get really strange
characters like "枚" and "盲".

That's just normal UTF-8 encoding examined as ISO8859-x. You need to consider encoding when you examine your results, but generally speaking UTF-8 is the way to go. Any old ISO mapping is bound to cause problems.

Heh, speaking of the devil... I certainly SENT that message with "charset=ISO-8859-1;" in the header, but when it came back from the list the header was helpfully replaced with "charset=GB2312".

Please, can we just kill ISO* once and for all? ;-)

(I certainly mean Xuan no harm, wrinkled or not!)

                        Best / Jonas