Hi,

I have the exact same problem on a download manager app I am trying to
write.  My service aquires PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK, but when the screen is
blank wifi downloads still seem to come to a stand-still (on Nexus
One).  If I instead acquire a FULL_WAKE_LOCK (or SCREEN_DIM) all is
fine.  Obviously, these don't make any sense for a download-
manager...  Also, everything is fine with 3G downloads (they keep
going in the background whether I have any wakelock or not).

Did you ever figure this problem out?

-Jack