You told it you don't support densities with android:anyDensity="false".
 Thus it will run your app as if it is the original density, mdpi.  In some
cases the framework may be able to actually load the correct density
resource and seamlessly use it while you still think you are running in
mdpi... but not always, and really, if you are coding your app to support
multiple densities, you shouldn't tell Android that you don't support
densities. :)

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Cameron.M.Johnson <
cameron.m.john...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> So I have this game running on Android 1.6, and I put the different
> density images in their respective folders
>
> res/drawable-hdpi/image.png
> res/drawable-mdpi/image.png
> res/drawable-ldpi/image.png
>
> I made each image a different color so I can tell if it is loading the
> right image. When I test my program on different density screens it
> only chooses the mdpi images. It scales them to match the correct dpi
> but doesn't choose the right folder. It just defaults to mdpi.
>
> In the manifest I have,
> android:normalScreens="true" android:anyDensity="false"
>
> Anyone have a similar problem? I'm sure it is something simple that I
> am overlooking but I can't figure it out. From what I read on the
> Android Support Multiple Screens guide is that you should just have to
> put the different density images in their correct folders and Android
> will do the rest.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com