Hi,

I am a little stuck with exactly what approach to take with an
animation problem.

I have several bitmap resource drawables, a face with no eyes or
mouth, a mouth and eyes. I want to be able to build these drawables up
to make the face and then use tween animations on them to animated the
face. The size of the eyes and mouth drawables are only big enough to
contain the content and so need offsetting when overlayed on the
face.

I initially thought i could use a LayerListDrawable in an ImageView to
overlay the drawables with appropriate offsets and then animate each
drawable, but in this case all the the drawables are scaled up to the
size of the largest drawable.

I was also wondering if I could use a FrameLayout with several
ImageViews and somehow offset them to build the initial image and then
animate each ImageView, but I am not sure how I would do this.

I could use a custom View or a SurfaceView and do the animation
myself, but I would like to stick to using the stock components if at
all possible just to keep it simple.

Anyone got any ideas or done something similar?

Cheers,
Mike