You can implement your own Application class. (MyApplication extends
Application) and set it as your Application in the manifest.

<application
  android:name="MyApplication"
  .
  .
  .

In MyApplication you implement onCreate and onTerminate.

See the docs for Application
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/reference/android/app/Application.html

/Martin