Hi all,

I am trying to track down and see if anyone else has encountered
something similar to a behavior i am seeing regarding the
IMAGE_CAPTURE intent.

Using the emulator it is the case that every time I call
startActivityForResult() and choose OK after taking a picture, the
code that I declared in my onActivityResult() function successfully
gets executed. However when I switch to a real device, ( I tested this
on both a Motorola droid and HTC Eris) there are cases that clicking
the OK or Done button within the camera app just results in the camera
app (IMAGE_CAPTURE intent) to simply restart instead of executing the
code in onActivityResult(). I also noticed that if I put a break point
in my onActivityResult() function when debugging with a device than
the break point gets hit every time. Additionaly this behavior seems
to be occuring more frequently in debug code (without the break point
in onActivityResult) than in release code.

It just seems like I am hitting a bizarre timing issue. I am wondering
if anyone out there has observed similar behavior in the IMAGE_CAPTURE
intent. I don't have any special intent-filters declared in my
androidmanifest.xml file for the activity i am using i wasn't sure if
i needed to specify anything in there.

Below is the code I am using to startup the IMAGE_CAPTURE intent and
the onActivityResult() function declared within the same class.

thanks

                super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
                setContentView(R.layout.confirmandupload);
try {
                        Intent intent = new Intent(

android.provider.MediaStore.ACTION_IMAGE_CAPTURE);
                        intent.putExtra(MediaStore.EXTRA_OUTPUT, imageURI);
                        startActivityForResult(intent, main.TAKE_PICTURE);
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }
}

@Override
        protected void onActivityResult(int requestCode, int resultCode,
Intent data) {
                Log.i("candup", "got the activity result");
                if (resultCode == Activity.RESULT_OK
                                && requestCode == main.TAKE_PICTURE) {
}