So the implication is that the answer to Mr Pants' secondary question
in his original post is: "yes - it is being delivered as a separate
app which you have to install from the market".   Can someone
explicitly state if this is correct?

Whatever the answer there are a couple of implications.

If the answer is no - i.e. that Flash is coming as part of the Froyo
release - does this mean Flash Player is going to be open sourced?
And if the answer to that question is "no" does this now mean that
Android is could start shipping with other closed extensions in the
future?  All this seems contrary to the whole open source movement but
I am presuming the answer is going to be yes anyway...

And if the answer *is* yes then does this mean that the Android
browser now support plugins / extensions a la Chrome/other desktop
browsers?  If so - I presume this is in the SDK docs now? (I haven't
chance to look as I am still in San Francisco on vacation post-
Googleio).

Finally - have Android engineers at Google actually had their hands on
the Flash Player code?  i.e. for review or to help the integration
process.  I realise there are probably NDAs in place, but it would be
reassuring to know that Adobe have received some direct guidance and
feedback from the people closest to Android's guts, though I presume
this is what is meant by "working /with/ Adobe".

Cheers,
Chris