I plan to make some tasks like DEX file optimization be processed by
installd on the background asynchronously, thus installd needs to notify the
Installer of the result at some uncertain point when the request has been
processed. Currently, a socket connection will be established each time when
Installer sends request to installd and the connection will be closed when
it returns. Thus I plan to hold another persistent socket connection for the
backwards notification. Then whenever a request has been processed, installd
can notify Installer through the persist socket.

Is there any other way to implement this?

Thanks