You could use sax parser to read the xml:
http://developer.android.com/reference/org/xml/sax/XMLReader.html

A tutorial is here:
http://www.anddev.org/parsing_xml_from_the_net_-_using_the_saxparser-t353.html

What's the best way to store your data depends on what you want to do
with it afterwards. There are various ways, i.e. store it in a sqlite
database, etc. - but it really depends on the purpose of your app.