I already made something similar (limited to the current activity) and
I did not find another way to access the activity instance.
To limit errors, I made my modifications in life cycle callbacks and
users have to inherit my Activity classes (I made a full set for
convenience, there are 9 Activity types) instead of the standard ones.
You could place your code in onCreate, if they inherit your class they
can't miss it.
Of course the developer still have to ensure it does not miss an
inheritance change but it's easier than adding a snippet of code
everywhere and more object friendly.