Services Run in the background as stated here

*Services*A *service* doesn't have a visual user interface, but rather runs
in the background for an indefinite period of time
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/fundamentals.html
So my question is when to use Services and When to Use threads ??...and Can
I make services inside threads??

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 6:21 PM, skink <psk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Kumar Bibek wrote:
> > Services obviously don't run on the UI thread. It runs in the
> > background. However, Services have their own lifecycle, and can be
> > easily managed by applications. You can think of Services as an
> > extension of threads, in the sense that both of them do not run on the
> > UI thread.
> >

> only IntentService runs in its own thread.
>
> ordinary Services run in the main (UI) thread of their hosting
> processes:
>  http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/reference/android/app/Service.html
>
> pskink

tarek