This would have been a better discussion for android-discuss
(especially as you cross-posted to two lists on which your question is
off-topic).

-The Android browser does not support any Wap technologies. The
renderer is WebKit, and the underlying network stack is the one
provided by the linux kernel.

-As far as I know it's not possible to explicitly specify a proxy for
the browser to use.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru