I have got as far as booting Android in VMware thanks to Chen Yang's
post above. I replaced mydroid/vendor/asus/
eee_701/ kernel with that of Stargatto's posted above. However booting
up Android with VMware keeps giving me the below error over and over.

SurfaceFlinger[XXXX]: segfault at 38 ip XXXXXXXX sp XXXXXXXX error 4
in libc.so[80100000+49000]

Perphaps my kernel is not ok? How do I build a kernel with VESAFB and
network drivers and where do I specify vga=788? I do not know much
about building kernels so if someone could provide a guide that would
be great.