oh, you are using the installer.img to boot with normal boot, that is
impossible. Since the installer.img only contains 2 partitions. it
doesn't have the (hd0,2) partition as the installed system. You can
reference my post in this thread for the information on building the
image that can be used directly as the installed system.

For the second question, the problem seems to be fixed for some time,
are you using the most recent code? Try to add one option: -o rw with
your mount, see whether it works or not.
--
 Chen