I have a lot of updates on this thread, but no breakthroughs:
---
I enabled NTFS support in my 2.6.32 kernel build:
  Steps: edit the .config file, added CONFIG_NTFS_FS=y and
CONFIG_NTFS_RW=y
The ADP1 still would not recognize an NTFS-formatted memory card.

I also did more digging into why OpenCORE fails to play back a 2.1GB
file.  In PVMFRecognizerRegistryImpl::CheckForDataAvailability(), it
calls iDataStream->OpenSession().  iDataStream is a
PVMIDataStreamSyncInterfaceRefImpl object.
Internally it creates a new iFileObject [result == 0].
Then it seeks to the end of the file to try to determine file size
[iFileNumBytes = (TOsclFileOffsetInt32)iFileObject->Tell()] before
trying to reset the file position back to the beginning.

Next, PVMFRecognizerRegistryImpl::CheckForDataAvailability() calls
iDataStream->QueryReadCapacity().
This calls GetCurrentPointerPosition(), which calls iFileObject-
>Tell(), which returns -1 and causes a Leave 103.  It looks like an I/
O limitation.
---
Other things I've discovered:  On
http://opencore.net/files/OpenCORE_roadmap.pdf,
PV plans to add "large file support" to MP4 in May of 2010.  In my
Donut_plus_aosp build, I see OSCL_HAS_LARGE_FILE_SUPPORT = 1 in
osclconfig_io.h.  Does anyone know what a "large file" is by PV's
standards?
---

Thanks for any ideas,
~Andrew