Hi,
      I just implemented LCD backlight control using the OMAP generic
PWM timers. I can set the brightness from the kernel using the
following sysfs file, but it doesn't work when I specify the following
file path in liblights. This file path has dashes and dots in it. Is
it what is causing the problem?

/sys/devices/platform/pwm-backlight.0/backlight/pwm-backlight.0/
brightness

If I implement it without the generic PWM timers and directly
implement the backlight control, with a path that contains no dashes
and dots, it works:

/sys/class/backlight/beagleboard/brightness

I have control over pwm device name so I can remove the dash, but not
the dot, since it is appended based on the timer id.

Could someone confirm if I cannot use a file path with a dot or a dash
in it?

Elvis Dowson