See:
https://newcircle.com/s/post/1725/build_and_distributing_sdk_add-ons?utm_campaign=YouTube_Channel&utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_content=Dave%20Smith%20-%20Android%20Builders%20Summit%20Talk%20-%20Link%20to%20Steam%20Post

But, that's the complex route. There's two "simpler" routes.

1) Use the intellij-gen scripts (make idegen + intellij-gen. It's a script
in development/tools/idegen and can generate a intellij project that mostly
works fine. You'll still build using mm though)
2) Create a static java library that calls your internal methods, build
that and import that into Gradle/Android Studio (drop it in libs).

I used to go for route #1, but later I've moved more and more of our apps
over to route #2. All the amazing new Android Studio tools makes it worth
it.