In an effort to improve the boot time of our Lollipop 5.1.1 port, I enabled
the WITH_DEXPREOPT flag in our board config. No optimization filtering
flags were added.
However I am slightly surprised by the result. I see a huge improvement on
the first-boot time, which I expect, but I also see a significant
improvement in all subsequent boot speeds (by 20+ seconds).
Could someone explain this improved boot time on all subsequent boots? I
was under the impression that optimization only occurred at the first boot
if not preoptimized by the host and then reused that optimized bytecode.

My one explanation is that prior to optimizing *everything* on the host
like I am now, the target's first boot optimization process was only
optimizing some fraction of the data (e.g. ignoring prebuilts etc) and
therefore had to repeat compilation/interpretation on that data for all
subsequent boots. If someone can tell me if I'm on the wrong track or where
I can look to confirm my theory that would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Robert Jones