I'm afraid I'm quite lost because I've built an Android app that uses
tinyalsa through jni, but when I call pcm_open, I get:

cannot open device '/dev/snd/pcmC1D0c': Permission denied

I do see the file in question if I su -c 'ls /dev/snd' on adb shell. In
fact, if I statthis file and the directories above it, all the way up to
the root directory, the permissions that statoutputs conform to the
permissions that I see on my ordinary linux workstation:

All of the directories are 0755/drwxr-xr-x, and the file itself is
0660/crw-rw----.

Is my approach wrong? I am attempting to use tinyalsa by adding pcm.c
<https://github.com/tinyalsa/tinyalsa/blob/master/src/pcm.c> and an
Android.mk file to compile it as a module. Then in another .c file, I call
pcm_open.

*Please, why would Android deny me permission, and what do I need to do
about it?*