Hi,

I am a platform developer and relatively new in the area of Audio.

I wanted to ask regarding the REMOTE_SUBMIX. There is a test in GTS ,
testFixedVolumeRemoteSubmixSetup, which is failing for our device.

This test plays the track and records it using the REMOTE_SUBMIX device.
After doing that, it calculates the power and compares them. If they are
unequal , then it throws an error.

In our device, my observation is, the REMOTE_SUBMIX in_read function which
is part of default hal in Android AOSP, always returns 0 bytes.

I also dont see out_write function being called for REMOTE_SUBMIX, since I
assumed that the playback track will be played on speaker as well as the
output of remote submix.

Can anyone help me in finding out if my assumption is correct? Any hint in
where to look for might help.

Regards,

Sameer Joshi