I customized TvSettings application, using the original as a guideline.
And I came across a problem. When any value is changed, and right after (in
a few seconds) I plug out the power cord, and return it, value that was
changed is reverted to the previous state. So, my guess was that if I call
sync after any value save, the problem will be fixed.

But that was not the case. In most cases calling >>sync did help but not
entirely.

I've been trying to figure out the reason but with no luck so far.
My question would be, is there anything I could check more? Something that
could give me a clue on what is the issue.

Did anyone experianced similar problem?

Regards.