I have ported a RIL from SIMCOM to my Android 5.1 build (board is
NanoPi-T3) and managed to get the SELinux policies for all the denied
messages from AVC to work.

When the device runs, I can see the signal level and I can send and receive
SMS.

The only issue I now have is that PPP does not work. I get the following
error in the debug output from dmesg. The iogcat for radio shows a ppp exit
code 8.

*init: Warning!  Service pppd_gprs needs a SELinux domain defined; please
fix!*

I have created a *rild.te* file and added the domain as shown below.
Checking the* policy.conf *in the target output I can see the entry was
added.

type pppd_gprs, domain;
type pppd_gprs_exec, exe_type, file_type;
init_daemon_domain(pppd_gprs)

What am I missing?