Hi,
I know that Android Gingerbread is quite old so probably most people would
not bother to port it any more, but I need it for a university project
where the hardware resources are very limited.
After a lot of work, I managed to build Android Gingerbread for the
Digilent Zedboard, but it is not reacting to any touches on my USB
touchscreen or to movements/clicks with a USB mouse.
getevent provides the expected events and I tracked them in InputReader.cpp
and they seem to be dispached fine, but the UI does not react to the input.
I can see that the events are enqueued, but cannot find where Android
actually picks up those events and works through that queue. Does anybody
have an idea?

I followed a tutorial on elinux.org (https://elinux.org/Zedboard_Android)
with small modifications (enabled USB touchscreens in the kernel config,
switched to a different android repo since the one in the article is
offline)

I found a lot of messages in this group regarding getting the Mouse to work
in Android. Since I am having the same issues both with Mice and
Touchscreens, I thought those might help. Unfortunately, most links are
dead by now. Most people talk about a patch from android-x86, but I was not
able to locate that patch. I read that it was applied to the repo, so I got
the android-x86 source for gingerbread and compared it to my work tree,
copying everything that seems to be related to inputs or mouse. Still I am
stuck at the same point.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-porting/gingerbread$20mouse%7Csort:date/android-porting/-5zKoT1vilk/de-QKwQBmQ0J
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-porting/gingerbread$20mouse|sort:date/android-porting/8oXNpHXZEz4/4_Bo32bG-_sJ
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/android-porting/gingerbread$20mouse|sort:date/android-porting/dKcxv6n6Kow/-D2RSSB02QIJ