TelecomService
I am developing on an STM32MP157F-evk board that has Android 10 on a 4.19
kernel.
The git tag I'm using is st-android-10.0.0-2020-02-21.

The board doesn't have a modem; which I'm trying to add.

To use a modem, I'm trying to enable all the services I figure need to be
enabled.

The first one is the TelecomService.  I have found where SystemServer.java
had commented-out the startup of the TelecomService.  I later found that
that appears to be a
patch, 0008-Remove-TelecomService.patch.

Does anyone know what that patch (0008-Remove-TelecomService.patch) was
for?
Does anyone know how I should go about  setting up the Android framework to
get an ip
from cellular?