Junqian Gordon Xu schreef:
| On 02/21/2008 04:50 AM, Koen Kooi wrote:
|> Paul Sokolovsky schreef:
|> | On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:26:32 -0500
|> | Junqian Gordon Xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
|> |
|> | I can only support this, IMHO this should be in the main Angstrom
|> | scope. linux-hh already has it enabled.
|>
|> I've been thinking about this for a while, and thanks to linux*.inc,
|> it's pretty easy to do in the stable branch (include LOCALVERSION
|> backport). I don't know how fit it is for .dev, but I like it very much
|> to the stablebranch.
|
| I like the general approach as well. Koen, why are you concerned about
.dev?

Because it takes away choice from kernel recipe maintainers and it's
very non-OE for its hardcoding and non-extensibility.

If we want it in .dev as well, it will probable something like:

linux*.inc:
sed -e <foo> \
~    -e <bar> \
~    ${DISTRO_KERNEL_MANGLE} \
~    ${MACHINE_KERNEL_MANGLE} \

echo CONFIG_FOO=y \
~     ${DISTRO_KERNEL_CONFIG} \
~     ${MACHINE_KERNEL_MANGLE} \

angstrom-<version>.conf:
${DISTRO_KERNEL_MANGLE} ?= "-e /CONFIG_FUSE/d"
${DISTRO_KERNEL_CONFIG} ?= "CONFIG_FUSE=m"

leet-machine.conf:
${MACHINE_KERNEL_MANGLE} = "-e /LEET_DRIVER/d"
${MACHINE_KERNEL_MANGLE} = "LEET_DRIVER=y"

And I'm not sure that will be acceptible either, but I'm currently too
short on time to come up with a proposal, test it and RFC it.

regards,

Koen