Koen Kooi wrote:
If we drop the bookkeeping part, getting things into the stable tree will be much easier:

* send explanation and diff to angstrom-distro-devel
* 2 developers sign off on it
* apply diff
* copy-paste explanation into NEWS or Changelog

This makes a faster turnaround possible, since a roundtrip to .dev isn't needed anymore. And we can create tarball releases of the tree every $period where people can read the NEWS or Changelog file to see the difference and decided wether updating it worth it or not.

I hope with this changes people (especially machine mentors) have more time to fix bugs. Especially rare machines like Poodle, Simpad or Tosa would benefit from this.

objections, additions?

+1

At some point in time, a stable and development branch will diverge. We should focus Angstrom stable on being usable and not tracking .dev.

I do hope people take the time to look at what goes into the stable branch and also send it to .dev when it is appropriate.

Philip